Welcome to Ellis School of Atlanta
Instructional Program services are defined as all services, materials & equipment necessary to provide direct and consultative educational services to our students. These include, but are not limited to:
- Special Education Classroom Teacher
- Teacher of the Visually Impaired (Consult services)
- Teacher of the Hearing Impaired (Consult services)
- DeafBlind Specialist (Consult services)
- Speech Language Pathologist (Group services)
- Occupational Therapist (Group services)
- Orientation & Mobility Specialist (Consult services)
- Music Therapist (Group services)
- Assistive Technology Specialist
These instructional services provide group instruction or consultation that benefit the classroom as a whole.
These services do NOT include direct or one-to-one services to an individual child, but instead represent services to the entire classroom and are shared.
Intervener/ Communication Facilitator
As an integral component of our educational model, each student is provided with a one-to-one communication partner.
For those students who are DeafBlind this role is performed by a credentialed Intervener.
All other students will be assigned a Communication Facilitator to assist with individual communication needs. The Communication Facilitator may be assigned to a student in a one-to-one capacity or may be shared with another student dependent upon each student’s need.
Child Specific Services
Child Specific Services are defined as additional services not included in the instructional Program listed above. These services are available on an hourly basis and individualized to each student in a Direct or Consultative format. These services are available during or after school hours.
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Sensory Integration Specialist
- Speech-Language Pathologist
- Oral/Motor Specialist
- SLP/AAC Specialist
- Nutritional Consultant
- Behavioral Consultant
- Computer/Technology Training
- Orientation and Mobility Instruction
- Recreational Aquatics